Assosoires Rain Bootie
- Waterproof bootie keeps feet dry while cycling in the rain
- EVA KANT is lightweight, form-fitting, and protective
- Zip-free construction increase performance and comfort
- Raw-cut edges eliminate seams to retain warmth and increase comfort
- The waterproof membrane is placed inside to create a better seal against the elements
- Item #AAS00A9
- Q & A
Great idea -- bad implementation
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: II
I'm a committed Assos fan so it pains me to say that they jumped the shark on the new rain booties: they're just too fragile to stand up to ordinary wear -- the first pair I bought split & tore all around the front foot "hole", leaving my feet & shoes soaked through.
Assos replaced the first pair but, even though I'm taking particular care when clipping out & putting my foot down, the material shreds quickly -- and can't be repaired.
But, even without this issue, they just don't keep the water out -- they might be OK for use *after* it's rained and the roads are drying out.
I prefer their former rain booties (the shiny ones) but, ultimately, if it's raining, I generally ride in waterproof booties from Gaerne.