Select style & size:Select options
386EVO to Shimano Bottom Bracket with Angular Contact Bearings
It also benefits from using Enduro Angular Contact Bearings. In a standard radial bearing, only 3 or 4 balls make contact during a load at any given time but with angular contact bearings, all of the balls spread the force over a larger surface area to decrease friction and minimize wear. Those Grade 5 chromium steel balls are within a 5/1,000,000-inch round and are ABEC-5 rated for smooth spinning and noiseless movement.
They are held in place with nylon and graphite retainers that are virtually frictionless and provide constant lubrication. It's filled with a special Rheolube synthetic grease while the silicone "LLB" dual lip groove seals and another external seal with dual lips on both sides, keep the grease in and keeps water and dirt out. A bearing press, as well as a 16-notch 48.5/44mm bottom bracket wrench is required for proper installation.
- An upgrade bottom bracket for BB386 shells and Shimano cranksets
- Durable steel bearings are rounder and harder than standard
- Thread together aluminum cups are less likely to creak
- Angular contact bearings are smoother and will last longer
- Compatible with BB shells that are 86.5mm wide, including BBright and BB386EVO
- Item #WHL000Y