Why We Like The Weston Backwoods x Haa Aani Alliance Snowboard
In collaboration with the Haa Aani Alliance, which works to restore and preserve the waterways and salmon spawning grounds, Weston created the 2024 Backwoods x Haa Aani Alliance Snowboard to help us have fun all over the resort while repping a good cause. This board is a pow and tight tree destroyer for riders who love pointing it down pow fields or tight tree runs but also riding more technical big mountain lines as well. This versatility is achieved by taking a typical directional powder board shape with a wider nose, narrow tail, and set back stance and throwing in a stiffer than expected flex. This shape drops the tail for excellent float in deep pow while providing the stability needed to rail hard turns on bigger faces.
- All-mountain directional board that rips pow fields, tight trees, and big lines
- Mid-stiff flex blends powder control with stability on edge
- Short camber section and pronounced rocker floats and edges well
- Poplar and bamboo core mixes sustainability and rideability
- Durable polyamide topsheet sheds snow to keep you from bogging down
- Easily repairable sintered base keeps you cruising all day long
- Weston snowboards are designed in Colorado
- Item #WST1WVY
- 157cm, 160cm, 163cm wide
- camber (with rocker tail and nose)
- mid-stiff (7 out of 10 on Weston's scale)
- Effective Edge
- [157cm] 1180mm, [160cm] 1210mm, [163cm wide] 1235mm
- Waist Width
- [157cm] 256mm, [160cm] 259mm, [163cm wide] 274mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [157cm] 7.5/6.7/7.8m, [160cm] 7.7/6.9/8m, [163cm wide] 7.8/7/8.2m
- Stance Setback
- 91% poplar, 9% bamboo
- sintered Durasurf 4001
- Base Color
- Recommended Rider Weight
- [157cm] 135-185lbs, [160cm] 150-200lbs, [163cm wide] 185-235lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 4 years
- all-mountain snowboarding, freeride/powder snowboarding
5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
February 14, 2024
A do it all board with amazing graphics
This board can really do everything, has some taper to it and this makes it super nimble, so if you loves tree runs or if you just want something that is quick edge to edge, this it the board! Wider nose and smaller tail, makes this board float really well on those powder days. What is really cool about this board as well is how much fun it is on groomers as well. I can honestly say this board is a quiver killer, if you are looking for one board to do it all from powder to all mountain runs and freestyle. With the Mission Series, Weston has teamed up with Tlingit Artist and Co-Owner of the Trickster Company, Crystal Worl, along with Zeal Optics, Smartwool, Pret and MountainFLOW Eco Wax under the Haa Aaní Alliance. This alliance was formed to create the Salmon Way of Life collaboration which gives back to restore and preserve the waterways and salmon spawning grounds of not just Alaska, but these habitats globally.
November 23, 2023
Eye candy that preforms
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
The backwoods has been my quiver killer board for years now. and with the latest addition Im turning heads at the resort! in terms of performance it does it all and does it all well! its more pow centric that's nimble for tight trees while being damp and hardy enough to handle variable terrain at high speeds! The quality of construction is noticeable from when you first hold it! this ride will definitely pass the test year after year!
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help