Have your bed and sleep in it, too.
You love your mummy bag, you really do. It's soft and warm and packs down to the size of a hydro flask, but damn do you miss your bed. The Backcountry Bed 700 Dridown 20 Degree Sleeping Bag just might be the best chimera ever cooked up by the mad scientists at Sierra Designs. With a unique zipperless design, this bag offers nothing but joyous luxury: no more wrestling with the zipper or rolling onto it in the middle of the night, no more struggling to turn over and being constricted by your bag, no more sliding off your pad as you do so. All this is possible without compromising weight or packability.A built-in comforter let's you pretend you're home in bed—it can be tucked in around your chin when it's chilly or turned down when the night is warm. Insulated hand pockets make it easier to maneuver this comforter, and offer your hands some insulation if you decide to sleep on your belly. Thanks to an incorporated sleeping pad sleeve, gone are the days of waking up on the cold, rocky ground next to your pad. The face can be cinched down if you want to pretend you're still in your mummy bag, and small hooks can secure the comforter to the side of the bag.
- Luxurious sleeping bag offers creative comfort on camping trips
- Unique design eliminates weight and discomfort of zippers
- Elastic hooks secure attached comforter on icy evenings
- Sleeping pad sleeve for easy rolling around as you count sheep
- Self-sealing foot vent can be opened with a bend of the knees
- Dridown is hydrophobic to keep you warm even when wet
- Item #SDS008S
- [shell] 20D polyester ripstop, [lining] 20D polyester taffeta
- 700-fill Dridown
- contoured mummy
- Max User Height
- [regular] 6ft, [long] 6ft 6in
- Shoulder Circumference
- [regular] 61in, [long] 64in
- Hip Circumference
- [regular] 60in, [long] 63in
- Foot Circumference
- [regular] 41in, [long] 43in
- Bag Length
- [regular] 80in, [long] 86in
- Draft Tube
- Pad Retainer
- [circumference x width x height] (regular) 45.5 x 20 x 2.5in, (long) 55.5 x 25 x 2.5in
- foot vent
- Fill Weight
- European Norm Comfort Rating
- European Norm Lower Limit Rating
- Storage Sack
- Stuff Sack
- Stuff Size
- 16 x 8.5in
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 8oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 3, 2018
- I've used it several times
Very comfortable, room to sleep on side and back. If its hot, poke your feet out the bottom. Also can pull down the top and get increased airflow. It kept me warm on colder nights in Yosemite in the fall (30 deg low), but wasn't too hot or bulky for warmer summer nights (60 deg) when the weather was nice.
November 6, 2017
Check out the new 2018 Backcountry Bed!
SLEEP IN THE BACKCOUNTRY WITH ALL THE COMFORTS OF HOME. The award-winning BCB features a new contoured shape & updated materials to create a more thermally-efficient backcountry experience...all at a lower weight.
November 20, 2017
Is this bag insulated the full length of the bottom, or does it have to be used with a pad inserted? Thank you