Why We Like The Shimano XT SM-RT86 Rotor
Whether we are sending it down steep descents or just flying through singletrack twists and turns, we need quality rotors to stop quickly. The Shimano XT SM-RT86 Rotor is a quality disc brake rotor that works with all Shimano hydraulic disc brakes. This rotor utilizes ICE TECHNOLOGY to give us a rotor that dissipates heat better than the competition through the use of a 3-layer rotor, and strategically placed holes. The 3-layer rotor design sandwiches two layers of stainless steel between a layer of aluminum to suck the heat away from the braking surface. This heat reduction helps to reduce brake fad and increase power on long descents.
- Disc brake rotor for mountain biking
- ICE TECHNOLOGY reduces heat buildup on long descents
- Aluminum center further transfers heat away from braking surface
- 6-bolt design is easy to install
- Item #SHIU1KN
- [rotor] steel, [carrier] aluminum
- Attachment Type
- hydraulic disc brakes
- 160mm, 180mm, 203mm
- rotor, 6 bolts
- Claimed Weight
- [160mm] 4.76oz (135g), [180mm] 5.43oz (154g), [203mm] 6.6oz (187g)
- trail, enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 year
- Manufacturer Part Number
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help