Select a Size
Select a Color
RX8 Mountain Bike Shoe
Because gravel is still an emerging segment, some riders find themselves struggling with footwear choices—especially for racing. Mountain bike shoes offer great walkability, but are often too heavy and overbuilt. This leads many riders opting for lightweight road shoes with ultra-stiff soles that boost pedaling efficiency, but the lack of tread is not ideal for the inevitable hike-a-bike sections found in gravel race events and adventurous rides. Shimano addresses these problems by combining the best characteristics of their high-end road and mountain footwear into one shoe that's specifically designed for gravel racing. Lightweight and stiff, but with grippy outsoles and just enough toe flex to be comfortable to walk in, the RX8 might just be the best option out there for dedicated gravel enthusiasts.
- Featherweight shoes designed for gravel bike racing
- Carbon composite sole ensures maximum pedaling efficiency
- Surround Structure uppers provide a comfortable, glove-like fit
- Lugged rubber outsole adds grip for hike-a-bike
- Reinforced heel cup for stability under hard pedaling
- Boa dial and toe strap make it easy to get the right fit
- Perforations in the upper let your feet breathe
- Wider cleat-to-pedal interface is optimized for XTR M9100 pedals
- Item #SHI00OV
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather, mesh
- Boa IP1
- high-density cup insole with adaptable arch pads
- [sole] carbon fiber composite, [outsole] abrasion-resistant TPU lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
July 10, 2020
Beautiful shoe; weird fit.
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 147 lbs
I have a very old pair of Shimano mountain biking shoes and thought I'd finally try out a new pair for gravel when I saw these beauties. Unfortunately, the shoe was a bit long (I wear a women's 10 in my running shoes, and ordered a 42 in these, which is my regular size for bike shoes). The shoe was also too wide in the forefoot, and I could barely get my foot into the shoe as the collar was so tight - even after opening the boa completely. Once on, the tongue of the front shoe collar cut sharply into the front of my ankle. Not good. However, I really like the boa fit through the arch - Shimano got that part right! For reference, I have a very low volume foot with a wide forefoot, high arch, narrow heel, and thin ankles. Sidi road shoes (Genius carbon) fit me perfectly. Am returning these.
June 2, 2020
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 138 lbs
As promised... it is the perfect gravel shoe. Stiff, light and easy to walk in...I wouldn't want to have to walk a long way in them bc they are stiff but that's the point right! :)) Love this shoe. I got a size 42...in all honesty, I probably could wear a 41.5 but it is totally fine while riding! Fit is snug and comfortable.