Select Style & Size
MPX Mastery Presentation Taper Amplitude Fly Line
Being able to cast a hundred feet out may look sweet, but how many fish have you actually landed from that far out? Being a more refined version of the super-powerful GPX taper, the Scientific Anglers MPX Mastery Presentation Taper Amplitude Fly Line quickly loads modern fast-action fly lines while maintaining the ability to make more delicate casts when you're confronted with a short-distance casting scenario. And since a line that casts like a dream but immediately sinks once it hits the water is basically worthless, Scientific Anglers finished the line off with its AST Plus slickness additive and added an extra floating texture on the tip to keep your line (and fly) riding high on the surface.
- An all-purpose line for casting nymphs, large dries, and streamers
- Refined MPX taper strikes a balance between power and precision
- Weighted a half-size heavier to load fast-action rods
- AST Plus slickness additive smoothly shoots through guides
- Floating texture on tip section keeps line floating high
- Item #SAS002H
- [core] braided multifilament, [outer coating] AST Plus
- Overall Length
- Fly Line Weight
- [WF3] 110gr, [WF4] 130gr, [WF5] 150gr, [WF6] 175gr, [WF7] 200gr, [WF8] 225gr, [WF9] 260gr
- Fly Line Style
- Fly Line Type
- Taper Design
- [WF3] 31.5ft, [WF4] 33.5ft, [WF5] 35.5ft, [WF6] 37.5ft, [WF7] 39.5ft, [WF8] 41.5ft, [WF9] 43.5ft
- Running Line
- [WF3] 58.5ft, [WF4] 56.5ft, [WF5] 54.5ft, [WF6] 52.5ft, [WF7] 50.5, [WF8] 48.5ft, [WF9] 46.5ft
- Recommended Use
- fly fishing
What do you think about this product?
November 2, 2018
- I've used it several times
After my Rio Perfection line's welded loop split after only a season of fishing i decided to go with Scientific Anglers MPX mastery line. The textured line makes a sweet sound when going through the guides. I would have thought that the texture would make it pick up dirt easier, but i've stomped on and put this line through mud and it comes off clean. With it being a half size heavier, i can toss streamers much eaiser than i could with my old line.
August 6, 2018
Best floating line you can buy!!!!
I have used this line 100 days and it still is killing it mends unreal and shoots fast out of your rod this line is a game changer!
May 30, 2018
Haven't caught a fish on it yet - but the line is great!
October 1, 2017
- I've put it through the wringer
This SA Mastery Presentation Taper fly line is the best all around fly line out there right now in my opinion. It's so versatile in throwing just about any type of bug, or rig. On top of that the textured exterior of it not only allows it to zip through the guides of your rod with ease, but it also allows it to float nice and high for you. I love this line, and it is by far the best casting line that I have casted so far over the years.