Alpine trekking made easy.
- Trekking backpack made for multi-day, long-distant alpine adventures
- Capacity expands to stash more gear for the hike home
- Custom-Fit back adjusts shoulder straps and waist for an ideal fit
- Removable top lid with climbing rope fastener underneath
- Hydration compatibility secures your reservoir
- Additional carry systems for ice axes and trekking poles
- Item #SFW0050
- Q & A
Great pack features, haven't hiked yet
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I ordered this and the Alptrek 50 to compare and find the right volume. I really want to keep both. They have all the feature I love and that are very hard to find. First, the side stretchy pockets are actually pretty easy to reach while the pack is on. Great for snacks or other quick-access on the trail stuff. Hard feature to find. The suspension seems quite stout. I walked around the house with 30lbs and it felt very comfortable and weightless. Hours on the trail may prove different but I have high hopes. The zipper in the picture is a half-moon opening to the main pocket. There is a zipper hidden from the picture, other side, that accesses a stuff pocket located in between the main compartment and the front fabric. It could fit a jacket and guidebook, etc. for quick access and organization. Rope storage seems to be just a strap over the top from the grab handle to front of pack - nothing special.
So you get a great suspension that feels amazing with 30lbs, easy interior access with the zipper, a stash pocket under the front panel, and 2 stretch side pockets for on-the-trail access to stuff. Oh, and the 2 pockets on the hipbelts are great. An iphone7 with a case fits easily.