Select style & size:Select options
A dull hook just won't do when you fly fish, so sharpen up your hook with the Rising Diamond Hook File. This diamond-sharp file has two grooves on the medium grit side and one groove on the fine side to provide you with everything you need to sharpen and dial in your trout or bonefish hooks.
- Four-inch-long length makes the Diamond ideal for small trout flies, streamers, salmon and steelhead flies, and for bonefish and permit hooks
- Double grooves on the medium-grit (800grit) side and one groove on the fine (600 grit) side provide longer life
- Rounded edge design enables easier filing and reduces wear on pockets while storing
- Extended rubber handle increases comfort and ease of use when you sharpen your hooks
- Item #RIS0001
- Q & A
Sharpen your hooks and don't loose fish!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Sounds kind of over board when you already think your hooks are sharp.. NO they can be sharper.. You should aways have one of these on hand and sharpen your hook after you tie it on. Same way you would put floatant on your fly before casting get in the habit of a quick sharpen and your will hook up with more fish.. Now go get em...
Nice addition to the kit
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I've been on a kick accumulating Rising tools for my excursions. Picked up almost every one that we offer on the site and I'm sure glad I got this one. Great for sharpening dull hooks that have been, hopefully hammered by fish, or snagged on trees on the back cast and rocks on the bottom. Definitely adds to the longevity of your flies. The red rubber grip makes it easy to hold onto and easy to find if you do happen to drop it. The only downside is that it is kind of heavy for how small it is.