Why We Like The R1 Air Zip-Neck Top
Dropping temps be damned, the lightweight, breathable Patagonia R1 Air Zip-Neck Top allows us to push our bodies to the limit in cold, winter weather without losing a step. This is made possible thanks to the recycled hollow-core fabric with a unique zig-zag texture that wicks sweat from our skin, dries insanely fast, and maintains high levels of breathability to keep our muscles warm as we reach for new PRs, whether we're on the skin track or a road run.
- Technical fleece suited for anything from trail running to skiing
- Breathable construction is suited for high-output activities
- Stretch panels offer supreme mobility on technical skin tracks
- Slim fit layers well whether worn as a midlayer or outer layer
- Zippered chest pocket stashes snacks, cards, and essentials
- Recycled materials lay-up gives you eco-conscious peace of mind
- HeiQ Fresh odor control keeps you fresh after demanding days
- Item #PATZ9JW
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved
- 100% recycled polyester
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 27.5in
- 1 zippered chest
- HeiQ Fresh odor control
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, casual, hiking, road running, trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 31, 2021
Seems nice but didn't fit
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 205 lbs
The materials and construction of the R1 air seem superb. However the fit of the XL was unpleasant. I have about a 47 inch chest and found the garment to be too tight in the chest, shoulders, and arms while simultaneously being very long in the body. I think the XL would fit someone taller than me (>5'10) who is also of a slimmer build very well. I found the Arc'teryx Delta Lt fit me much better in the chest and shoulders.
February 23, 2021
Comfortable and Warm
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 175 lbs
The New R1 Air is a home run. I have the original R1 and love it, but the fit is a bit boxy, sleeves are too long and while it is warm, the wind fires through it. The R1 Air improves in all areas. Better fit, sleeves are perfect (may be short if you have long arms), more of a slim fit, but not too slim. It breathes well, but also is much better at blocking the wind. Crazy warm, perfect for using under a ski shell. The original R1 was not something I would wear to the office, where the R1 Air is a bit more refined and is great for my cold office. Definitely worn more than any thing else this winter. Just buy it you will love it.
February 19, 2021
what's the difference between the r1 r1 air and r2