Grade VII Down Parka
If the Patagonia Grade VII Down Parka looks like the puffiest jacket you've ever seen, that's because it just might be. But put it on and you'll see that all that puff, specifically 800-fill down with a fully baffled construction, leads to some pretty extraordinary warmth. Designed through years of trials and testing, the Grade VII represents Patagonia's warmest belaying parka, or any jacket for that matter, to date. It was designed for the most adventurous expeditions to earth's most extreme climates, and all that testing and its endless list of features say that it's up for the task.
- Battles earth's most extreme conditions in Patagonia's warmest parka
- Fully baffled design keeps 800-fill down lofted and in place
- Durable ripstop fabric features a DWR treatment to shed snowfall
- Front pockets are insulated on either side to ensure warmth
- Two-way zipper gives you access to your harness and belay device
- Down-insulated draft tubes stop cold winds from getting in
- Mesh-infused internal pockets drain moisture from snowy gloves
- Elasticized cuffs and adjustable hem keep out frigid air
- Item #PATZ9PC
- [front shell] 15D nylon ripstop, DWR treatment, [side & back shell] 20D nylon ripstop, DWR treatment, [lining] 15D Pertex Quantum (nylon), DWR treatment
- 800-fill down
- Baffle Construction
- fully baffled
- helmet-compatible, single-pull adjustable
- [external] 2 insulated chest, 2 insulated hand, [internal] 4 drop-in
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 7.8oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, ice climbing, mountaineering, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
March 3, 2019
Great Parka for a Serious Climber-
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 155 lbs
-but excessive for most of us fairly outdoorsy folks. Upside: -It's amazingly light, amazingly insulative, beautifully made. You'll virtually never be cold. -It's sized a little large so you can wear a good sweater. Downside: Its design favors function over style: -The hood can be drawn down but it's still to be worn with a helmet. -The neck-collar covers you up to your lower lip, instead of your neck under your chin: great for staying warm, if you don't mind looking like you're wearing a down-filled burka. I'd love to be able to get a version of this that's styled for non-climbing use. I'm regretfully returning this one.
October 21, 2018
Very impressed by this jacket. It's lightweight and easy to move around in. take 20% off coupons from coupon-code.info