Outdoor Research's first ever product has been reintroduced and redesigned with all new technology to meet the demands of today's alpine adventurers. Ready to face extreme cold, high altitude, and rigorous multi-day mountain ascents, The X-Gaiter will keep your feet dry and toes warm so you can worry about everything else. The 90 denier stretch, double-weave shell is durable and water-resistant, which means it can stand up to abrasion from sharp rocks, and the occasional crampon while also resisting water penetration from any external snow buildup. The new X-Gaiter goes above and beyond to protect your toes from the cold, with the use of high-tech Primaloft Aerogel in the lower portion of the gaiter. Used by NASA in space suits, this incredible insulator is used by Outdoor Research to offer the ultimate mountaineering experience. Lightweight and pressure resistant, this 2mm miracle insulation maintain more of its insulating ability when faced by compression to keep you warm when trudging through snow and tackling ice.
Performance fabric only makes up half the story for the X-Gaiter, with advanced design features composing the rest. Two hook-and-loop closures at the top and front of the gaiter make removal a cinch at base camp while the smooth closure helps to streamline the exterior. A 3mm neoprene back panel offers a snug fit over your ski touring boots that won’t shift when moving over rough terrain. Extra attention was put into the attachment design of to ensure that even when covering the most demanding landscapes, the X-Gaiter will stay securely in place. A 4mm adjustable shockcord along with a fixed Hypalon toe cap anchor your boot to the gaiter body for a reliable binding. A neoprene rand with silicon print further grips your sole to seal out the elements. Compatible with ski touring boots, mountaineering boots, and even crampons the X-Gaiter is ready to raise the stakes on your next peak bagging endeavor.
- A high-tech insulated gaiter to keep your toes warm and feet dry
- Primaloft Aerogel offers incredible insulation from the cold
- Water-resistant shell safeguards against wet weather and snow
- Neoprene back panel stretches to provide a snug over-boot fit
- Adjustable underfoot shockcord and toe cap fasten gaiter in place
- Neoprene rand with silicone print securely grips boot sole
- Hook-and-loop closures ensure a reliable seal against the elements
- Compatible with ski touring boots, mountaineering boots, and crampons
- Item #ODR00UU
- [membrane/laminate] 50% nylon, 43% polyester, 7% spandex, [back leg panel] 3mm neoprene, [insulation] Primaloft Aerogel (2mm), [lining] 91% polyester, 9% elastane
- [top] hook-and-loop, [front] hook-and-loop, Hypalon tab reinforcement
- adjustable shockcord (4mm), Hypalon toe cap
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 14oz
What do you think about this product?
January 16, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
I used these over my 45nrth cycling boots in -5 weather and was really surprised how well they worked. I normally have issues with my feet but never once experienced an issue despite being outside for 32 hours straight. What a great purchase....cold feet suck. I did shred the strap on the bottom of the boot but it didn't seem to affect the gaiter in any way.