Bike-Packer Plus Panniers
Both the panniers also feature Ortlieb's innovative QL2.1 system that lets you mount and release each pannier with a simple pull of a handle. Each pannier automatically locks onto the rack the moment you mount it; it's compatible with 16mm racks, but Ortlieb includes hook inserts to fit 8, 10, and 12mm racks as well. The QL2.1 system also features a semi-elliptical hook at the bottom that you can adjust and rotate to fit your rack so the pannier doesn't bounce as much as regular panniers. Ortlieb also added 3M Scotchlite reflectors to further enhance the visibility needed to ride in low light.
- Pair of large panniers for bike backpacking
- PU-laminated Cordura protects against abrasion and weather
- QL2.1 system eases mounting and releasing off of most racks
- Adjustable, rotating bottom hook reduces abrasion and scratching
- Adjustable shoulder strap with padding can fix to hook
- 3M Scotchlite reflectors on both side for extra visibility
- Item #OLB001P
- PU-laminated Cordura
- [pair] 42L (2563cu in)
- [height x width x depth] 16.5 x 12.6 x 8.7in
- 1 internal, 1 external
- QL2.1 mounting system [rack diameter] 16mm, 12mm, 10mm, 8mm
- Number Included
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 4lb 13oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
July 7, 2020
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
These are waterproof as advertised, but the rest of this style doesn't live up to the Ortlieb name. They are too soft/flexible so if they are not full they are hard to open/close. All straps have to be adjusted every time, but after sliding them with each use they stopped holding their place. The bags flex enough that with the wrong rack they could become tangled in a wheel making them a bit dangerous too. Would probably be okay if used exclusively for backpacking and putting same items in the bags each day, but for multi-purpose, commuting, or shopping where it's an adjustable load each time, not worth the price or the hassle. We just replaced our bikepacker set with Ortlieb Velo Shoppers which I have a much better impression of so far.