Why We Like The On Running Cloudrock 2 Waterproof Hiking Boot
For daylong treks that take us across dirt, scree, streams, and boulders, we lace into On Running's Cloudrock 2 Waterproof Hiking Boot. This pair breathes and flexes like a running shoe while stabilizing and cushioning like a hiking boot to give us the best of both worlds. The refined fit and biting sole shore up our footing along technical terrain, while the breathable membrane blocks out water and wicks away moisture, keeping our feet dry on the journey.
- Running-inspired hiking boot for comfort and speed on the trail
- Reinforced mesh upper provides durable breathability
- Waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry through water crossings
- Firm toe cap and heel counter for armor on rocky terrain
- 9mm drop fights off calf and Achilles fatigue
- Dual-density platform absorbs shock and returns energy
- Closed midsole channel reduces weight and increases mud release
- Missiongrip sole provides optimal traction on wet and dry terrain
- Item #ONFB06P
- Responsible Collection
- Upper Material
- [face fabric] mesh (95% recycled polyester), [vamp] nylon, [overlays] TPU
- waterproof membrane (20% recycled)
- Flexlock lace
- dynamic hiking
- EVA, Speedboard (polypropylene)
- Missiongrip rubber
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 1oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
2.5 based on 3 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 4, 2023
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Hardly warn and already replaced once and here we are again. Usually a HUGE on fan and would recommend every product but the last few shoes have been a really big disappointment
May 3, 2023
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 5' 10"
I've worked as a wilderness ranger in central Idaho for much of my life and backpacking has always been a passion of mine. I bought them kind of randomly because I ran into them in the store and I like their running shoes. These light boots were unbelievably comfortable. I've tried a lot of boots over the years and these were without a doubt the most comfortable, no blisters, good traction, and water resistant boots I've worn in a long time. I don't discount the review where they wore out quickly, but they have held up adequately for me thus far.
March 2, 2023
Really wanted to love these...
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 10"
After weeks of putting together gear for an upcoming hiking expedition throughout South and Central America, I went all in on these boots from ON. Maybe they're more for taking "hikes" through a suburban dog park trail or your neighborhood patch of forest because they didn't even hold up for 3 weeks of serious hiking. They started delaminating around the toes after just 2 weeks leaving me with wet feet in the back country of Chilean Patagonia. Super disappointed! Now I have to bite the bullet and buy new boots or face putting up with wet toes for the rest of my trekking in South America. The comfort was excellent and they were very light. Just terrible durability.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help