Why We Like The Scree 32L Backpack
The spacious Mystery Ranch Scree 32L Backpack is designed as a large technical day pack or a minimalist overnight backpack. It has plenty of room for full days of travel, afternoons at climbing crags, or mornings on the trails. Mystery Ranch's 3-ZIP design opens the pack like a traditional top-loader or full front panel access for easy packing and unpacking. And for extra organization, a zippered lid pocket and zippered waist belt pockets allow keep smaller essentials easy to access.
- Versatile mid-sized pack for travel, hiking, or climbing adventures
- 32L accommodates gear needed for both day trips and overnighters
- 3-ZIP design allows rapid access to interior for easier packing
- Internal HDPE frame sheet adds rigidity and support while hiking
- Futura Yoke micro adjusts torso length for carrying comfort
- Waist belt attaches in forward pull direction for easy tightening
- Gear loops allow for attachment of excess gear for easy access
- Double-layered bottom provides added durability for extended use
- Item #MYT002Z
- 210D nylon
- 32L (1953cu in)
- HDPE frame sheet
- Shoulder Straps
- padded, adjsutable
- Waist Belt
- padded, removable
- Hydration Compatible
- top, front
- [external] 3-ZIP main, 2 water bottle, 2 zippered waist belt, [internal] zippered lid, hydration sleeve
- Gear Loops
- adjustable straps
- 25 x 14 x 11.5in
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 14.4oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
4.5 based on 3 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 9, 2023
Good but not awesome, also expensive
- I've put it through the wringer
- 5' 9"
Based on lots of positive reviews I expected more from this backpack. 3-zip design is convenient if you don't need to take out things regularly. This feature isn't something I would want in every backpack but it kinda works with this type of backpack. But you need to load it almost full, it doesn't work great with semi-empty backpack. The other topic - the backpack is rather minimalistic and lacks good pockets for organization of small thing. I didn't like the pockets on the lid - small, bad access and you should put backpack on the ground in one position or contained items will fall out. I wish there where additional pockets on side folds of 3-zip opening. Also I really miss straps on the bottom of the backpack - they will be very useful for strapping bulky items like sleeping bag or sleeping pad, gear loops are just too small. Carrying comfort and adjustability is adequate. Not mind-blowing but not something to complain about. Backpack doesn't have raincover which is flaw for the price and I think this backpack is on expensive side of spectrum.
September 23, 2020
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 5' 8"
With the updated removable hip belt, this is as close to the perfect day hike pack as it gets when needing to carry emergency/additional kit. May end up with another one at some point.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help