Kinesis Insulated Jacket
Lightweight, windproof, and lightly insulated, the Mountain Equipment Men's Kinesis Insulated Jacket is designed for demanding alpine routes. Since the weather is almost certain to change as you make your way up big walls, pack the Kinesis into the hand pocket and attach it to your harness with the carabiner carry loop while adding only 11.3 ounces to your rack.
- Fast-drying action layer for climbing and mountaineering
- Windproof shell paired with breathable insulation for warmth
- Warp-knit lining wicks moisture and dries quickly
- Active fit is articulated for freedom of movement
- Helmet-compatible hood with adjustments for a secure fit
- Additional adjustments at cuffs and hem
- Packs into chest pocket for compact storage
- Item #MEQD090
- 30D RS nylon
- fixed, adjustable
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking, mountaineering, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 22, 2019
Different/better than prior version.
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 160 lbs
I’ll start by saying that this jacket is TOTALLY different than the previous iteration made with Polartec Alpha - all other reviews here seem to be for the old style. The current iteration of this jacket is listed as about 13 oz heavier than the previous and feels about the same size when wadded up. The older version felt a bit like a wind shirt over insulation and I had issues with the zipper being fiddly, as fabric would get stuck in it and insulation/lining pushing out through the sleeves. I have no such issues with the new version. The cut of the new version feels just a little looser but is still svelte enough to be an active top - feeling looser may be subjective, as the new version definitely slides over base layers much more nicely. The warmth of the two jackets is about the same. I have not worn the new version enough to speak to water resistance or ability to deal with sweat, but it feels more “breathable” at this point. Wind resistance feels about the same. Overall, I like the design/fit of the new version much better. This is a great light, active layer.