Say Hello To The Hayate.
With the Mizuno Men's Wave Hayate Trail Running Shoe, you're able to tackle tough trails left and right. The Wave Hayate features a breathable mesh upper with protective overlays that safeguard you from trail-side obstacles. Meanwhile, the Mizuno Wave midsole provides a responsive feel underfoot, adapting to the terrain at hand. A full-length U4ic midsole promotes a springy feel, ensuring lasting cushion, and the ESS rock plate defends you from errant rocks and roots. Additionally, the Wave Hayate is equipped with a highly rugged, Michelin rubber outsole that assures rip and grip in all sorts of terrain.
- Conquer all of the trails with this running shoe
- Mesh upper promotes effortless breathability
- Midsole attenuates shock and provides a springy feel
- Rock plate provides structure and stiffness
- 9mm drop propels your stride
- Rugged outsole maintains rip and grip in varied terrain
- Item #MIZ004K
- Q & A
Good not great
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 150lbs
So I typically run in the Mizuno Wave Rider for my road running so I decided to try these for my trail miles. The best thing about these shoes for me is the fit and weight. They fit exactly as my road shoes do which I believe are true to size and they don't feel like heavy clunky trail shoes. On the downside, the soles are very soft which means you pretty much feel every rock you step on. If the trail is more dirt than rock, than these shoes would be perfect.