Select style & size:Select options
Dissector Wide Trail 3C/EXO/TR Tire
Designed in collaboration with Troy Brosnan, the Maxxis Dissector excels on the fast and dry downhill trails where the Aussie racer has made his name. The continuous central lugs reduce rolling resistance when on straightaways, helping you carry speed through to the next corner, when the aggressive lugs on the outer part of the tire help grip through the turn. The EXO protection layer defends against flats and sidewall tears to keep you rolling over the rockiest trail, while the 3C compound pairs harder and softer rubber for better durability and less rolling resistance.
- An aggressive mountain tire for downhill speed
- Tread profile best suited for dry trail conditions
- Central lug pattern reduces rolling resistance to carry momentum
- Outer lugs provide grip when cornering at high speeds
- EXO casing protects against sidewall tears and flats
- Tubeless-ready Wide Trail casing for easy set-up on 30-35mm rims
- Item #MXXE01J
- Q & A
Excellent rear tire.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
After a few rides, I really like this tire on the rear of my bronson. I have been using an aggressor (which is excellent), but wanted to try something different. This tire rolls very fast compared to a minion dhr and a bit faster than the aggressor. It has good traction, but not as good as a minion dhr. Corners well, feels great. Very happy so far.
One negative note: I think bc.com has the two versions of this tire priced incorrectly. This version is the exo casing and should be priced less according to maxxis (and all other maxxis tires on this site) than the dh casing (item MXXE01I). When I inquired to backcountry they couldn't help me figure that out.