Select style & size:Select options
Advanced features in a beginner-friendly interface.
- Advanced beacon for dedicated backcountry skiers and splitboarders
- Triple antenna boasts a massive 70-meter range in digital mode
- Pro search option switches to analog for an even greater range
- Smart search with dynamic icon assists with guidance while searching
- Easy-to-see display shows distance, direction, and victim number
- Auto switch from search to send after not moving for four minutes
- Item #MAM00XN
- Q & A
Even Better Than the Pulse
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
For the past three years, I used Barryvox Pulse. This year I upgraded to the Barryvox S. Here's what I've found so far:
Simple to use out of the box or if you want to take advantage of the advanced menu functions, adjusting options is now a breeze.
The button and menu set-up is only a little bit different but much more intuitive and easy to move through.
During multiple burial scenarios, the S locks more quickly on the second/third burials signals after marking the previous one.
The larger screen on the new S allows for helpful information icons and prompts to guide users through the search process.
While the Barryvox Pulse is still a top-of-the-line beacon, if you're in the market for a new beacon, the “S” is a strong choice.
way simpler than I thought
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great beacon. Range is only a little longer than my Pulse, but a lot longer when the beacons aren't lined up exactly. The navigation is way easier than the pulse. The description makes it sound like this is only for advanced users, but really most of the features are useful for anyone and you dont need to do anything to use them, it's automatic. My buddy who is a beginner was doing 3-burial searches in under 5 minutes within one short parcitice session. The only thing that is for experienced people is the pro search, which is still easier than on my pulse, and anyone who is going to practice micro strips will want this.
Does it still detect if a victim is breathing? The old ones could detect micro movements.