You learned your lesson the hard way that standard cycling shoes just can't cut it in a triathlon, with frustratingly slow transitions sandwiched around mile after uncomfortable mile of squishy, sloshy pedal strokes from water trapped in your shoes. This time around, you're prepared with a new pair of Louis Garneau Men's Tri X-Lite II Tri Shoes and their perforated, breathable uppers that dry quickly for friction-free pedaling. Transitions are also now seamless affairs thanks to a large, easy-to-fasten strap and handy pull tab that makes stepping in and clipping in a breeze and will have you off and running afterwards in a snap.
- A lightweight, fast-drying, triathlon-specific cycling shoe
- Synthetic leather upper with mesh inserts for added ventilation
- Stiff carbon composite outsole efficiently transfers power
- Toe reinforcement boosts durability
- Dual hook-and-loop straps and handy pull tab for easy on and off
- Compatible with 3-bolt cleats
- Item #LGN00GZ
- Q & A
Garneau to the Rescue
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I had some Bontrager cycling shoes, and they literally became unglued on a ride. I rode ten miles with my feet literally sitting on top of the pedals. I ordered these and did the MS 150 in them. They were a trifle big (my fault), but comfortable and serviceable. I'm going to use them for triathlon too; I love the large loop at the back of the shoe for taking them off quickly. Very satisfied.