Select a Size
Select a Color
MX238 SuperCross Cycling Shoe
As cyclocross continues to be refined as a sport and differentiate itself from other off-road disciplines, Lake pursues progress towards the ideal cyclocross shoe. And the MX238 SuperCross stands as a benchmark in cyclocross-centric design to help keep you pacing out consistently powerful laps. In the worst of conditions, when you're layered with mud and scraping debris against your crank arms, the durable Helcor Abrasion resistant leather maintains its strength and performance. Off the bike the Hook Lycra heel liner holds tight as you clamber up steep levy walls. And slipping and sliding are minimized with the Claw Spike, at the front of the MX238, providing traction that you don't have to add accessory toe-spikes to achieve.
- Cyclocross-focused carbon shoe that pushes performance
- Abrasion-resistant leather upper braces for a full CX season
- Carbon fiber sole with racing-specific rubber for performance grip
- Boa dials for pressure-point free comfort
- Integrated Claw Spike for traction in the fun stuff
- Item #LKCZ02O
- Upper Material
- Helcor abrasion-resistant leather, mesh
- [heel lining] hook Lycra
- dual Boa IP1 push/pull dials
- [sole] Lake Competition carbon fiber with claw spikes, [outsole] Mountain Race X rubber
- Cleat Compatibility
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, cyclocross, gravel
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
May 20, 2020
good but not for me (too heavy, bad fit)
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 6` 3"
- 185 lbs
Purchased the MX238. For reference, the styling is slightly different than the pics shown on CC. Ended up returning for two reasons. One, size 50 was too large for me (and they don't make a 49... only 48, 50). Second, these shoes were much heavier than I expected. They are sturdy, for each shoe is north of 500g without a cleat. Compared to my size 50 Shimano RX8 shoes, that's over 150g more per shoe. The main issue with the fit is the heal sliding up due to the shoe being too large. Shoes do look well constructed though and was happy with no noticeable hot spots with the sole when walking around.
May 9, 2020
Nice shoe, weird fit
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 155 lbs
I had a pair of the older MX237 that fit great, but unfortunately fell apart. I got these in a 40.5 and 41 and tried both but the fit was strange. Too much room in heal made things feel loose as a goose and could not get either to do the job. Luckily the people at Backcountry were super cool and let me exchange for a pair of Shimanio's that seem to be a better fit for my wide food and narrow heal.