MindBender 98TI Alliance Ski
Aptly named, the Mindbender series is all about becoming one with the mountain, being in tune with creamy turns and pow-slashing runs that leave your heart racing and your mind soaring. Get ready to rip, because you've got the K2 MindBender 98TI Alliance Ski strapped on and there's almost nowhere this stick isn't willing to go.
Probably the most versatile women's ski K2 has ever designed, the 98TI features the perfect width underfoot for tackling low-snow groomer days, full blown powder panic, and every day in between. While it might not be the best choice for waist-deep days, it will hold its own after a fresh six inches, then take you down the groomers like a champion once your legs are aching at the end of the day. Early rise in the tip sails effortlessly through the soft stuff, helps you dodge crud, and initiates turns on fresh corduroy; classic camber underfoot pops effortlessly from one turn to the next, with a flat tail for added stability at high speeds.
At the core of the Mindbender Collection lies K2's Torsion Control Philosophy, the idea that edge grip and powder performance need not be mutually exclusive. With this in mind K2 developed a few tech solutions, including the Titanal Y-Beam laminate—which makes an appearance in the 98TI. This metal laminate brings precision and stability to the lightweight aspen core, dampening vibrations when you encounter chopped pow, and creating a stable platform for zipping groomers at top speed.
- A daily driver for exploring every inch of your favorite resort
- 98mm underfoot delivers versatile performance on- and off-piste
- Early rise tip floats like a dream and initiates turns with ease
- Camber underfoot with a flat tail enhances control at high speeds
- Short turn radius helps you zip through trees with full control
- Aspen wood core keeps the ski lightweight, poppy, and playful
- Titanal laminate dampens vibrations and adds stability on the steeps
- Item #K2S00JF
- Q & A
Good Resort Skis
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I bought these skis for my wife. They are not the lightest skis but they dont feel too heavy on your feet. They seem to be designed for taking anything on the resort down, including powder, crud, and roll pretty good on groomers as well.