Why We Like The Exie XT Carbon I9 Wheels Mountain Bike
The Ibis Exie goes full-on cross-country machine and trail ripper with the only thing left on the trail being dust and sweat after we come through. The Ibis brings traditional XC speed with an up-to-date geometry for absolute trail ripping. This made in America frame comes in at under 2000g and is outfitted with hyper-efficient DW-link suspension. Ibis employed scientists more suited to working on space shuttles to help design the new Exie, removing material where possible while stiffening up the frame where needed to bring an absolute XC rocket to the racecourse.
The Exie comes adorned with modern geometry that helps it be as capable as any trail bike while staying an absolute rocket up the climbs. Riders of the Exie enjoy a longer reach and slacker head-tube angles compared to other cross country bikes in the market. Specced with a 120mm fork, the Exie receives a 67.2-degree headtube angle and a surprisingly long 1158mm wheelbase in the size medium. Those numbers are bigger than some trail bikes released within the last 5 years and speak to the Ibis Exie's ability to stay stable in technical situations. Still, with cross-country racing as the focus, the Ibis Exie ensures that all sizes of riders are in the optimal pedaling position. The bike comes stock with a steep 73.8-degree seat-tube angle in a size medium which helps our bodies work through the rigors of cross-country riding.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Thoroughbred cross-country race bike is racecourse-ready
- 100mm of DW-link suspension offers rear-wheel traction
- Space approved carbon fiber layup sheds grams and adds stiffness
- Modern geometry provides a long wheelbase and balanced angles
- Fox suspension with remote adjust lets you adapt to the track
- Ibis S28 Carbon wheels give us a fast, responsive ride quality
- Fast-rolling Maxxis Rekon Race for XC grip and speed
- All Exie frames are made in the USA with sustainable sourcing practices
- Item #IBSB08J