Queen of the multi-day trail.
The Granite Gear Women's Crown2 60L Backpack is an ultralight multi-day pack for logging serious miles on the trail, whether it be an overnighter or a two-month thru-hike on the Pacific Crest. A sequel of sorts to the Crown V.C. 60, the Crown 2 combines several basic features that make it a bare-bones option for the backpacker looking for a light pack at a light price point.
To keep the weight of the pack down, the Crown2 uses the Vapor Current Mark 2 frame, which has die-cut holes to minimize weight. But if you still want to lighten the load, the Mark 2 frame is removable, so you can shed even more mass. And since you're likely to be sweating when you wear the pack, the Crown2's molded foam back panel includes ventilation channels, allowing your back to dry out between steep slogs uphill. Plus, if you manage to lose a few pounds on the trail, the Re-Fit adjustable hip belt enables custom adjustments to match the contours of your waist.
- A lightweight backpack for multi-day adventures
- Removable Mark 2 frame lightens the load
- Re-Fit hip belt allows for on-trail waist adjustment
- Roll-top buckle compartment enables easy access to gear
- Removable lid lightens pack, can be rigged as separate satchel
- Hydration port and internal sleeve for on-the-go sipping
- Compression straps keep tight with a low-profile look
- Large hip pockets store snacks, maps, and safety kit
- Item #GRG002N
- Q & A
Crown 2 backpack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This could be a great backpack.
The good things about the backpack is compared to ultra light sacks it's right up their on the weight.
Nice and strong went threw some over crown trails was worried about fabric held up nice.
Really enjoy the adjustable belt great fit on the fly.
Also removable back support when u just need a day sack.
The not so good stuff.
It runs very small. I have a 21 inch torso. Most large sacks crown me and right 2 low on the hips. This one runs very short on me.
Other issue is the shoulder straps could have used a little better padding. Back support comes out easy but a little tough to get back in.
The main reason for a 3 star it does run small if you have a 19 inch or higher torso really recommend getting a long stead of the regular size.
Meet the New and Improved Crown2!
Improving the ultra-light standard.