Why We Like The Rampage Helmet
Fox Racing's DH-specific Rampage Helmet is not as robust as the V3 moto helmet it resembles, but it drops weight thanks to its fiberglass shell. That lightness brings the Rampage in line with what we need in a gravity lid. After all, mountain bike helmets aren't expected to absorb the same impacts as their moto counterparts.
The lost grams reduce neck fatigue on the mountain while diffusing forces in the kinds of impacts we expect while riding aggressively. It's constructed from a vented fiberglass shell for durability, which is layered over an EPS foam core to absorb diggers. On the inside, soft cheek pads, a synthetic suede lining, and a double D-ring chin strap keep the Rampage from rattling around and it won't irritate when removing for the ride up. The shell has 11 vents, and Fox Racing made the Rampage's eye-opening plenty wide for modern, peripheral-favoring goggles.
- A proven mountain bike helmet for DH and freeride
- Fiberglass shell is lightweight and tough
- The removable and washable liner adds a convenience factor
- Excellent protection that offers all-day comfort on the mountain
- Item #FXRZ2RP
- Shell Material
- Impact Foam
- EPS foam
- 11 vents
- Fit Adjustment
- 2 removable cheek pads, adjustable chin strap
- Full Face
- CPSC, EN 1078AS/NZS 2063, ASTM 1952-15 downhill, ASTM 2032-15 BMX
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 1154g
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- downhill, freeride
What do you think about this product?
March 25, 2021
how much does it weight