From Dawn Wall to Fitz Roy.
- Climbing rope of choice for professional master Tommy Caldwell
- 9.6mm is both light for multi-pitch and strong for sport projects
- Pro Dry meets UIAA's standards for water-resistance
- Thermo Shield bonds core to sheath for outstanding handling
- DuoTec permanent bi-pattern eases anchor cleanups and rappels
- 3D lap coiled comes straight out of the package without kinks
- Item #ELR003M
- Q & A
Awesome rope, handles smoothly, biweave is great.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased the 70m rope for an ice climbing trip to Ouray, CO. Overall the rope performed pretty well. Ties and unties knots pretty well and seems to be durable. I chose the duo color to see how much of a difference and how quickly I would be to be to find the middle of the rope. Because the two halfs of the Edelrid rope are very similar in color it was actually very difficult to find the middle of the rope if it was lying on the ground. On my Black Diamond, I've tied a small piece of cord at the middle which makes it almost instantaneous to find. This was really the only major gripe I have with this rope. Other really small gripes would be I did notice this rope weights about a pound more than my 9.6 Black Diamond 70m dry rope. The Edelrid weighed a little over 11lbs. Both ropes are 70m, 9.6, and dry core. Between the Black Diamond and Edelrid, the Edelrid is definitely stiffer and not as supple as the Black Diamond. It doesn't effect being able to tie knots but the Black Diamond definitely feels thinner than the Edelrid. I feel the Edelrid is a quality rope and hope it's durability will show in the coming seasons.