Select style & size:Select options
Starting lines to bumpy gravel roads.
Designed specifically for the rigors of cyclocross racing, adventurous tours across bumpy roads, and grinding over chunky gravel stretches, the EA70 SL Disc Wheel is the continued evolution of Easton's mid-range EA70 Wheel, now updated with centerlock disc-compatible hubs for increased stopping power in notoriously wet, mucky conditions. This alloy wheel uses an X5 CL Hub that's derived from the workhorse 3-pawl mechanism of Easton's X5 Hub used on the Heist Mountain Bike Wheels.
Easton's EA 70 alloy optimizes its reliability and strength while the wheel's 27-mililmeter depth makes it all the more stiff, so you can transfer power to the pedals while racing and training. The 19-millimeter internal width provides optimal support for running higher volume tubeless tires popular with cyclocross racers, endurance road cyclists, and adventurous gravel riders. Easton equips it with tape and valves installed for tubeless compatibility straight from the box. You'll just need tire sealant and your favorite tubeless tires to get rolling without having to worry about ride-stopping flats from small punctures and slits, as well as benefiting from increased grip and control at lower tire pressures.
- Easton's EA70 gets a disc upgrade for powerful stopping
- Designed for the needs of gravel and cyclocross racing
- Centerlock disc X5 CL Hub with reliable 3-pawl mechanism
- EA 70 alloy construction with 27mm depth for stiffness
- 19mm internal width for optimal tubeless tire support
- Comes installed with rim tape and tubeless valves
- 12 or 15mm thru-axle compatibility for front wheel
- 12 x 142mm thru-axle rear in Shimano/SRAM or SRAM XD
- Item #EAS002I
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Only have a hundred or so miles on these so far but they role very nice. My only complaint was that the end caps were installed by a shop gorilla. They come with thru axle end caps and I needed to change them out for the supplied QR end caps and the pre installed end caps were extremely difficult to get off.
Tubeless setup was a breeze too.
Came with the bike
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These wheels came with the bike. No complaints. Easton makes a solid wheel.