Why We Like The Cervelo R5CX Force eTap AXS Cyclocross Bike
Optimized for cyclocross racing, the Cervelo R5CX Force eTap AXS Cyclocross Bike features a cyclocross-specific geometry to provide the handling, compliance, and comfort you need to reach the top of the podium. Though this full carbon, 12-speed machine is not designed as an extremely aerodynamic build, the fully integrated headtube and fork crown design add a sleek, aero effect as the combination of power and efficiency delivers a high-level performance. Its steep headtube angle and higher bottom bracket allow for sharp, responsive handling, while the shorter toptube length favors a longer stem to provide better leverage and control. The carbon layup of the R5CX frame combines with the D-shaped SP24 carbon seatpost for excellent compliance and is also designed to keep the saddle facing forward in the event of a crash.
To deliver the efficient, fast shifting we desire on our race bike, Cervelo uses the 12-speed Force eTap AXS drivetrain. Complete with a 40T chainring and 10-33T cassette, you will have the gearing necessary for high-speed performance. The Force HRD hydraulic disc brake system, controlled by Force eTap AXS brake levers, provides a quick and effective stop in any condition. From mud to sand, the Reserve 40|44 carbon wheelset is prepared to rip through it all thanks to its Zipp 76/176 hubs, Panaracer CGCX tires, and 10mm of tire clearance for mud buildup, allowing for a clean, fast ride for your next big race.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Full carbon cyclocross bike optimized for fast racing
- Built with cyclocross-specific geometry for elite performance
- 12-speed Force eTap AXS drivetrain with AXS Power Meter
- Toptube length favors a longer stem for leverage and control
- D-shaped Cervelo carbon post stays forward during a crash
- Centerlock disc brakes offer excellent stops in any condition
- Reserve 40/44 carbon wheelset delivers control and speed
- 10mm of space on a UCI-legal 33mm tire for mud clearance
- Item #CVL1WXP