Air-Lock Air-Lock Strike Indicator - 3-Pack
Select style & size:Select options
Air-Lock Strike Indicator
- Strike indicators for fishing subsurface flies
- Screw-lock top holds securely and removes without a trace
- Extremely visible colors stand out on the water
- 3-pack lets you choose your color of the day
- Item #ALK0001
- Q & A
They're called bobbers
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great for a date with the bottom feeders.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
First of all, the name Air Lock Indicator sounds like something on a spaceship or a submarine, which I appreciate. And to stay on that note, comparing these indicators to similar indicators of the past is like comparing the space shuttles of the 60's and 70's to the recent SpaceX rocket. These do not mangle your leader, are WAY easier to adjust, and stay in place much better than those that you just put a loop through. I like to use the smallest size for spooky/slower/smaller rivers, and size up according to flows and the number of flies the fish see. The clear seems to be extra effective in the winter when flows are low, because it looks like a small piece of ice drifting down the river.