The rack of choice for powder gluttons.
Thanks to its DoubleJoint hinge system and integrated ski clearance, the Yakima FatCat 4 w/Locks can securely stow up to four pairs of fat powder skis or two snowboards. The included SKS Locks keep your boards safe from would-be villains, and the tool-free installation is quick and easy.
- FatCat 4 will securely hold up to four pairs of skis or two snowboards
- DoubleJoint hinge system is specifically designed to hold fat powder skis and boards
- Included mounting hardware with an over-molded stainless steel strap fits most factory round, square, and aerodynamic bars
- Included snap-around hardware allows you to mount the rack with aftermarket Yakima round or square bars
- Included SKS Lock Cores keep your skis and boards safe and secure
- Integrated ski lift provides the necessary clearance for ski and snowboard bindings
- Mirror black finish has a low profile that looks great on top of your ride
- Installation is quick, easy, and tool-free
- Rack dimensions are 26 x 4 x 3 inches
- Consult the Yakima Fit Guide for specific mounting information regarding your vehicle
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Have to agree with the other review that it does stay up higher than you would expect only because these were truly meant to be used with Whispbar racks that Yakima uses. Without them, they do stand up higher than expected so I had to get the wind fairing to cancel out a lot of the noise that these racks produced. Since I got the fairing, they don't make nearly as much noise and is much tolerable. Overall these racks do great with holding 4 boards easily, but I do have to set them up on the slant on my Subaru Impreza because the bindings on the boards make it impossible to close the rack when double layering 4 boards.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I chose this rack because it is low profile and sleek...by far the best looking ski rack available. Too bad the required adaptors for factory racks put the rack WAY up in the air. The bottom of the rack is over 3 inches above the crossbars. So much for that sleek well designed look...truly ugly once mounted to factory bars.