- Detail Images
You only need one hand to use the Ultimate Survival Technologies Sparkie to create a quick, hot spark that lights up your campfire. Inside this sub-one-ounce tool is a tungsten carbide striker bar that, when forced back into the body of the Sparkie, creates a vital, fire-starting spark without the use of fuel or electricity. This is a must-have tool for hunters, hikers, backpackers, and wilderness campers.
- Internal tungsten carbide striker creates a hot, quick spark when you push it against a hard surface and force it into the ABS housing
- Press the thumb button on the top of the case and operate the Sparkie with one hand
- Spring-loaded striker bar can be rotated in the housing to even out wear over time
- Sparkie works even when wet and can simply be wiped clean to continue operation
Share your thoughts
cool, i guess
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I impulse bought this for $3.99 a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, it's not that it isn't cool for what is is, and for the price not a bad investment, but the cool factor wears off after you shoot sparks up twice. It will go in an emergency kit, but unless I really think about it, I'll probably just grab a mini lighter the next time I go backpacking. Not too much special to me. Works how it says it should though.
Easy and Essential for Survival!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I haven't had to use this for an emergency yet, but i have used it to start fires and is much easier than other survival fire starters. This is great to pack in your tackle bag, back pack or even your kayak. It is very compact and light so it does not affect the weight or available space you have.
Ultimate Survival Technologies "Sparkie"
"Fire is a very important tool for survival."
Works great with dryer lint, a cotton ball soaked in vaseline, or other tinder/fire starter.
Sparkie in action
Dryer lent cheap and easy fire starter
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
What do you call a dog with no back legs and metal balls? Anyway, cheap great fire starter! The little fuel nugget that comes with it sucks, but the whole thing is great. Very easy to use, Zero issues!