Instead of taping biners to flimsy sticks and working up a pump trying to lasso the first draw, simply attach the Trango Squid to a standard paint pole before heading to the crag. The patented Squid has the ability to hang draws, clip the rope, and even unclip the draws at the end of the day—now let's see if your tree branch and tape can handle that.
- Easily attaches to any standard paint pole
- Patented design allows you to hang draws, unclip draws, and clip the rope
- Although any standard paint pole will do, Trango recommends the Mr LongArm ProPole
Share your thoughts
Practice Makes Perfect
Seriously, don't just assume you know how to use this.
If you're not man enough to rodeo clip
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This tool is perfect for those times when you are just to sketched out to climb up and clip that first bolt. With a little practice you will have no problem placing or receiving draws, or placing ropes in draws already at that first bolt. Any painter pole or most broom sticks will work with this.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I used this stick clip on a recent trip to Penitente Colorado. No problems clipping quickdraws and ropes. While there are homemade versions of stick clips, this device is quick and efficient. If you don't mind "highballing", you probably don't need this, but I found this to be helpful.