- Community Images
Seek and ye shall find and shred.
Searching for pristine lines, open bowls, and solitude? The Salomon Quest Max 120 Boot with Hike and Ride technology is right there with you. Its V-cut inner shell allows a wide opening for comfort on the hike, and its magnesium backbone supports a progressive flex and your aggressive descent. With a 120 flex, this Quest Max will go as hard as you want, and with a heat-moldable shell and liner and two last widths, you know it will take you on that journey in comfort.
- 360-degree heat-customizable PU shell expands precisely to your foot width for optimal performance and fit
- 120 flex is high-performance for aggressive skiers
- Features Hike and Ride technology, including a magnesium backbone that locks down for powerful transmission and progressive flex on the downhill and a V-cut inner shell that opens wide for comfort and mobility when hiking
- 98/104mm-width last gives you the freedom of a perfect fit
- My Custom Fit Pro thermoformable liner conforms to your foot and provides warmth via Breathable Biovent and insulating Wool Metal construction
- Twinframe technology gives the upper cuff rigidity, wraps the lower foot, supports the back, transfers energy at the pivot point, and holds down your heel
- Oversized 24mm pivot reduces play at this point for efficient energy transmission
- 50mm cuff strap adjusts and secures around calf
- Three magnesium buckles with oversized levers and micro-adjustment are strong, light, and manageable with gloves on
- Waterproof gusset prevents water from sneaking in past the shell and soaking your feet
- Contagrip extended rubber sole with bi-material interchangeable pads provide grippy purchase when hiking or walking on slippery or uneven terrain
Share your thoughts
Hiking in the Salomon Quest Max 120
I put the walk soles on these, couple that with the walk mode and you've got a comfortable hiking and full alpine skiing performance.
Salomon Quest Max 120
What is the difference between these and...
What is the difference between these and the 2012 version? Are these compatible with most downhill bindings?
These have the twin frame technology, where nearly the entire lower section of the boot is custom shell plastic. So it can be heated and it will mold to your foot. The last starts narrower that the 2012 Quest, but it can stretch up to a 104 mm last. The cuff is quite stiff, so the flex ends up stiffer, imo, than all the 2012 Quests. They are still compatible with all alpine bindings
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
When I am standing on top of a line in these boots, there is absolute confidence that I can ski as hard as I want. No sacrificing the down, some sacrifices on the up though. It is not particularly light, but once on top of my line I don't care. It's shred time.
The boot fits really well, and should accommodate all foot shapes, with molding if needed.
This boot is made for skiing hard, inbounds or outabounds.
What is the bsl for a 25.5
What is the bsl for a 25.5
Quest max is awesome
I've got a half a season in this boot and I'm loving it. I switched from the Ghost 120 to the Quest Max 120 as my everyday boot. I have the walk soles on mine which makes it so much more pleasurable to walk in ski boots. Basically I didn't know what I was missing before! The walk mode is also a great feature that I love having. I spend about 30-40% of my time in the backcoutry, mostly halfday tours consisting of 2-3 hour initial skin with a couple shorter laps after that or head out from the resort and get a few laps. The other thing I love about the Quest Max 120 is the 98 last fits my foot perfectly without needing to mold the custom shell. But if you've got a wide foot the custom shell will expand as much as could need.