Select your style & size:
Find your size
Note: Actual inseam is not the same as pant inseam.How to measure
We recommend a size in this bike.
Our size calculator is a starting point for finding the right size for you. To get personal advice talk to one of our fit experts at 1.888.276.7130 or chat now
The chance we never had.
The 6061-T6 frame and Shimano Claris shifting at the heart of the Ridley Kids Race 26 Complete Bike are similar to — if not actually better than — what many of us had on our first dedicated road machines. In addition to integrated shift levers (yes, some of us got started on indexed down tube shifters) the key difference is that the Kids Race bike features a smaller, 26in wheelset while we were often stuck on full-sized, 700c wheels that necessitated a frame geometry ill-suited to our younger selves' smaller dimensions. By giving inchoate racers a platform better suited to their reach and stack requirements, you're giving them a chance to start developing adult-sized bike handling skills at a child's age.
- Item #RID004E
- Q & A
Versatile kid's bike- CX and Road
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Overall this is an awesome little bike. I got this for my 8 year old who likes racing CX and generally hammering the bike path! My hope is to get a good 3-4 years out of it racing juniors.
Few things to consider out of the box:
Fit- A tall 8 year old will fit with the seat slammed and seat post reversed, but shifter reach is an issue.
- Great value if you have a mini racer.
- Versatile, easy to switch between road and CX with 26" Schwalbe CX Pro tires
-It looks cool. Kid's want it.
- Easily upgradable, I quickly upgraded to a 10 spd SRAM grouppo I had laying around.
-Frame geometry is made for kids so even with the seat slammed their pedal stroke is normal and they can reach bars fine.
- It's heavy. 25lbs + (largely due to the boat anchor wheels) which is a real issue for the little guys trying to get over barriers.
- Shifter reach- out of the box I had to add 30mm worth of shimano shims for my kid to reach them. (Replaced with old SRAM Force w/ adjustable reach)
- Wheels are really not good. 32 spoke wheels for a kids bike seems nuts and the rear 8 spd hub was beyond wobbly. (Built a set of 26" tubeless wheels using Velocity A23 rims.)
If you like to wrench and have a bunch of parts laying around this is a great little bike with some upgrades.
Great Road and CX bike for the youngster
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This bike is great for a 9-11 year old (of course depending on height etc.) Very easy to convert to a CX bike with only a change of tires. Actually Ridley makes this bike as a road or CX bike. I threw on a pair of Schwalbe CX Pro Tires in the 26" version and there is tons of clearance for the front and rear tires. My son used it in several muddy CX races this year and absolutely loved it. Great value for the money.
What's the standover on this bike? And any idea once ordered, how long it would take to ship? Thanks.
Hi Ami! Ridley doesn't list the standover height but the seat tube is 13 inches long. With 26 inch wheels and a slight drop in the bottom bracket, I estimate the stand over to be about 24.5 inches. Give me a shout and we can go over the details. firstname.lastname@example.org 801-204-4557