- Detail Images
- Community Images
When you want to go light and fast, pack up your camera gear in the Lowepro Flipside Sport 20 AW Backpack and hit the road in low-profile efficiency. This day pack features a customizable, water-resistant camera compartment with storm flap that keeps your precious equipment protected as you access it or other gear in the pack. Your Pro DSLR, an extra DSLR body, 300mm lens, flashes, and other accessories fit securely in the compartment, so you can be prepared for any kind of shot, while the pack also accommodates a layer, hydration, and personal items for a day-long outing. Attach your tripod to the side panel system that keeps it stable when you're on the run.
- Padded, perforated back panel creates airflow channels for cool, dry comfort
- Padded, perforated adjustable shoulder straps and hip-belt distribute and balance load for stability on uneven terrain
- Front-zip design with camera-pocket side zip allows quick and easy dual access to your camera without removing pack or other gear
- Removable, adjustable, water-resistant camera compartment with storm-flap closure provides a customizable, protective space for gear
- Camera compartment accommodates Pro DSLR with grip and attached 300mm lens, extra camera body, battery charger, filters, flash, and other accessories
- Lightweight triple ripstop nylon with PU coating withstands rugged use and abuse and resists water to help keep gear dry and protected
- Trekking pole attachments secure gear to the pack exterior
- All Weather Cover protects gear from rain, sand, snow, or other elements
- Hydration side pocket securely holds a 1.5-liter reservoir, while back panel pocket secures essentials
- Secure tripod attachment system carries tripod on exterior for easy, convenient access
Share your thoughts
Flipside Sport on a hot day
Wearing the Flipside sport during a hot Okinawa day.
Flipside Sport in action
In case you ever wonder if the Flipside Sport AW can handle more extreme sports, let me tell you that it can. Here I am zooming around on a broom with the Flipside Sport AW. It carries a D7100, 55-300, 40mm micro, 35mm prime, filters, chargers, and lots of extras with room to spare.
Flipside Sport at the garden
Walking around the Japanese garden with the Flipside Sport AW, almost forgot it was there.
Sports camera backpack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
What is the best camera bag for me? I think all photographers have asked that question a time or two. Having used the standard black ballistic nylon bags from various makers I can tell you that they were not fitting in with our active lifestyle in Okinawa, Japan. We like to walk to the beach to photograph the sunset then trek through Japanese gardens to use a macro lens on the cool exotic flowers and bugs. The Flipside sport 20 AW gets it done. It is a technically oriented backpack that feels great on your back. The straps are breathable and cut like a professional pack. The side pockets and straps have plenty of room for your non-photographic gear. The tripod attachment system is money, no slip-sliding around or making you a double wide. I like that the entry to the camera section is on the back. When the rain fly is on you set the pack down to get out your rig and the waterproof fly is on the ground not the part of the pack that will go back on your back. This guy has room for lots of gear. We take our whole kit and there is room to expand. If you are a more active photographer consider the Flipside Sport 20 AW, you will not regret it.