Select style & size:Select options
Super-9 Disc Brake Carbon Disc Wheel
As disc brakes become more common on time trial and triathlon bikes, Zipp stays ahead of the game with the Super-9 Disc Brake Carbon Disc Wheel. Though tubulars have long been the go-to for any serious racing, when Zipp started working on a clincher version, it found that the shape of the clincher tire made for a more aerodynamic wheel than the tubular version. With this discovered, Zipp set about making a fast wheel faster in the way only it can.
The dimples you see are the key—they create a false boundary layer over the wheel that’s inherently smoother than any physical surface could be, so air moves over the wheels as though they’re almost not there. The dimples also allowed Zipp’s engineers to optimize what air does at various yaw angles, since you’re rarely racing on a perfectly still day.
- A supremely fast rear wheel for time trial and triathlon
- Proven effective by some of the best athletes in the world
- Dimpled surface improves aerodynamics at various yaw angles
- Disc brake design offers improved braking for modern race bikes
- Retains the same 1175g weight as the rim brake version
- 177DD hub is reliable and impressively lightweight
- Hub design brings improved bearing protection and seals
- Includes QR skewer, thru-axle end caps, rim tape, tube, Silca disc valve adapter, Zipp valve hole sticker
- Item #ZIPZ04A
What do you think about this product?