Why We Like The 404 Firecrest Carbon Wheel
Zipp is becoming synonymous with speed and performance across all cycling terrain, and the next generation of the tubeless-ready 404 Firecrest family continues to advance the expectations of the modern-day road wheel. Whether you need an aerodynamically optimized wheel to smooth out your commute to the office, an excitingly fast lunch-ride breakaway rim that can handle wide-open crosswinds, or a wheel that excels on climbs and descents so you can distance competitors, the 404 Firecrest is your go-to wheel.
To achieve this high level of versatile performance, Zipp uses a medium-depth 58mm rim profile that is optimized for headwind speed and crosswind stability. Continuing from previous generations of the 404 line are the dimpling effects on the rim surface (part of Zipp’s Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control system) to smooth airflow over the rim. The 404s have a 16.5mm internal rim width that accommodates a range of 700c tubeless tires, but they can be set up with tube-type tires as well.
- Deep carbon wheels for aero speed and stiffness
- Lightweight, durable carbon construction paired with fresh decals
- Aerodynamic front profile balances demands for crosswind stability
- Dimpled rim surface is a proven advantage against the competition
- Rim width maximizes tire performance when racing crits or singletrack
- Refined wheelset demonstrates Zipp’s commitment to performance
- Item #ZIPZ04N