Select Style & Size
302 Carbon Wheel
Engineered for low aerodynamic drag and precise handling in just about any type of riding conditions, the Zipp 302 Carbon Clincher Road Wheel provides the ride that Zipp is known for, at a price that makes carbon quality and performance more affordable than ever. Crafted in Indianapolis, USA, the 302’s slick carbon rim is hand-assembled to Zipp’s 76/176 hubs using Belgian CX-Sprint spokes and brass spoke nipples, which results in a fast, reliable wheel that's tough enough to survive the road less traveled, yet light enough to charge up climbs on the steepest grades.
The 45mm rim depth delivers tried and true aero benefits with high levels of balance and stability, while remaining nimble enough to handle all types of terrain and varying wind conditions. It's tough enough to withstand the rigors of cyclocross and gravel-grinding as well. The 302 also boasts the same rim bed design as Zipp's other carbon clinchers to ensure that tire removal and installation as easy as possible. Then, the 76/176 hubset’s axle end caps and rear freehub are easily removed without tools for quick and convenient cleaning and lubrication.
Please note that brake pads aren't included. Zipp recommends its Tangente Platinum Pro Evo pads.
- Precise, versatile, and top-performing wheel at a value
- Now compatible with tubeless tires out of the box
- Hand-crafted carbon fiber is fast, tough, and insanely light
- Rim depth provides stable, aero, and nimble maneuvering
- Rim bed makes for easy installation and removal
- CX-Sprint spokes keeps the bike fast and makes replacing easy
- Zipp recommends its separately sold Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Item #ZIPZ04G
- Rim Material
- carbon fiber
- Wheel Size
- Tire Type
- tubeless, clincher
- Rim Depth
- Rim Width
- [external] 25.6mm, [internal] 16.25mm
- Brake Compatibility
- [front] 76, [rear] 176
- Front Axle
- 9mm quick-release
- Rear Axle
- 130mm quick-release
- Sapim CX Sprint J-Bend
- Spoke Nipple
- Sapim External Brass Secure Lock
- Spoke Count
- [front] 20, [rear] 24
- Max Rider Weight
- Claimed Weight
- [front] 740g, [rear] 905g
- Recommended Use
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
October 19, 2020
What range of tire width are recommended for the 302?
June 19, 2020
Can these wheels also accommodate tubes? Or are these tubeless only?