Made for the long haul.
Crafted in Italy with handmade quality and rugged materials, the Zamberlan Men's Baltoro GTX RR Backpacking Boot withstands the punishment of backpacking trips, hunting expeditions, and fast-moving alpine missions. The Perwanger leather upper is sourced from a famous Italian tannery that produces premium leather for alpine and backpacking boots. It's reinforced with a PU-coated rubber rand that stands up to hardcore trail abuse.
The leather upper is outfitted with a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane, which seals out shallow streams, heavy rain showers, and snowfield crossings from permeating through and compromising comfort. This waterproof membrane is highly breathable, meaning your foot will stay dry from the inside out without soaking in excess sweat.
One of its stand-out features, the Vibram Mulaz EVO sole sports aggressive lugs for tenacious grip across steep mountainsides, rocky forests, and plunging headlands. It's compatible with semi-automatic crampons, allowing you to scale technical sections of rock and ice, as well as cross glaciers in warm summer months.
- Conquer the trail with tenacious grip and durability
- Perwanger leather upper from premium Italian tannery
- Reinforced with PU rubber rand for abrasion-resistance
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort is waterproof, breathable
- Vibram Mulaz EVO sole with aggressive traction lugs
- Compatible with semi-automatic crampons for alpine use
- Z-Tech technical fit for precise footing and balance
- Zamberlan has been handcrafting rugged boots in Italy since 1929
- Item #ZAM0029
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 9/43
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 172lbs
As expected, the Zamberlan Baltoro GTX boots are exceptional in both materials and workmanship, and have fast become my favorite boots. The fit is excellent, and they are very comfortable, and breathable.
Zamberlan's EURO sizing is a little different than some other companies in relation to US sizing. I usually wear a US 9/Euro 42 size boot. Zamberlan's
US 9 size is a EURO 43. In my opinion the EURO 43 sizing is accurate, and it is probably somewhere between a US 9 & 9 1/2. As it turns out this sizing is perfect for me as it allows the use of socks of different thicknesses. The boots never feel too big or too small, with excellent heel retention. The lacing system is excellent allowing me to lace up securely, or a bit more relaxed with no pressure points. The boots are probably not for someone with wide feet, but neither are they overly narrow. The boots have not really needed any break in period, being very comfortable out of the box. An excellent boot that should last for many years,
Hello I have a few questions about these boots
- are these boots stiff enough to kick steps?
- will I get wet feet while crossing snowfields since the rubber rand doesn't encircle the entire boot?