SB165 Turq T1 XT Mountain Bike
Why We Like The SB165 Turq T1 XT Mountain Bike
Made for pushing our limits on the descents, the Yeti SB165 is what we ride when we're doing a lot of shuttle laps and chairlift-accessed terrain. Boasting deep coil-shock travel and low-slung geometry, the SB165 gets us through big mountain terrain with unwavering confidence.
With 165mm of rear travel and 180mm up front, the SB165 makes quick work of drops, jumps, and white-knuckle chutes. That being said, the bike's low overall weight and efficient Switch Infinity suspension make it a comfortable machine when we've got to pedal up 3000ft of vert to reach the gnarly descents. The geometry is long, slack, and stable with its 63.5-degree head tube and long wheelbase, but a steep 77-degree seat tube makes for a nice forward-biased pedaling position when we need to knock out some miles.
This SB165 is kitted out with some great componentry, starting with top-level FOX Factory suspension that gives us the absolute best performance and the widest adjustment range in their lineup. It also sees a tried-and-true XT 12-speed drivetrain, which draws zero complaints from us as we've had good reliability and crisp shifting every time we've ridden it. The frame itself is made of Yeti's highest-grade TURQ carbon fiber, which is tested to DH standards and backed by a lifetime warranty.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Pedal-able freeride bike outfitted with burly components
- Turq carbon is light, stiff, and offers great ride characteristics
- Downhill-ready DHX2 coil shock stays consistent on long descents
- FOX 38 fork has an overbuilt chassis for tackling big hits
- Integrated chain guide prevents chain derailment
- Switch Infinity linkage pedals well and has a near bottomless feel
- XT 12-speed offers great shifting and reliability
- Geometry is slacker than many DH bikes, but the bike can still climb
- Item #YTIR1DV