Why We Like The SB165 C1 SLX Mountain Bike
For those days when we're seeking out the toughest trails we can find, we take out our Yeti SB165 knowing it'll get us down literally anything. This big hitter of a bike is pure-bred to focus on the fun things in life like descending, big gaps, park laps, and getting loose on the steeps. The SB165 is made to work with a coil and dual crown fork, ensuring the fun doesn't stop regardless of the reckless features we're on.
With 165mm of rear travel and 180mm up front, the SB165 makes quick work of drops, jumps, and white-knuckle chutes. That being said, the bike's low overall weight and efficient Switch Infinity suspension make it a comfortable machine when we've got to pedal up 3000ft of vert to reach the gnarly descents. The geometry is long, slack, and stable with its 63.5-degree head tube and long wheelbase, but a steep 77-degree seat tube makes for a nice forward-biased pedaling position when we need to knock out some miles.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- A hard-hitting 27.5in bike for freeride, enduro, and bike park
- Carbon frame is strength tested for DH riding
- The SB165 feels surprising lightweight and pedal-friendly
- FOX DHX2 coil shock feels better than air shocks on downhills
- FOX 38 fork feels confident and planted through rough lines
- Shimano SLX provides 12-speeds worth of smooth shifting
- 4-piston brakes put on a stop in techy situations
- Switch Infinity linkage rewards aggressive riding
- Item #YTIR1DQ