For many roadies, cross-country endurance events are the obvious entry point to the mountain bike world, largely because we can wear similar kit. This includes the Yeti Cycles Men's Ironton XC Bib Shorts, which adapt the bib model that we asphalt adventurers are so comfortable with to life on the trail. We do recognize that there's a place for baggies, but fast, hardtail-fueled races on hardpack trails aren't that place.
The shorts' four-way stretch fabric outclass awkward, pedal-hampering baggies by riding tight and allowing a full range of motion in the saddle. No hang-ups on the nose; no catching knees. The material's gentle compression also recommends the shorts for a life spent pedaling up rather than (just) coasting down, and the material is far better at managing moisture than even the most well-intentioned baggies. For more casual laps, the Ironton can of course be layered under baggies, but when speed is the only concern, then there's no substitute for Lycra.
- Slim fitting bib shorts for serious XC racing
- High stretch material manages moisture and enables pedaling
- Gentle compression helps keep your legs fresh through long events
- Mesh paneling further enhances breathability and airflow
- Multi-density Italian chamois brings roadie comfort to the hardpack
- Item #YTI005S
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
This is one very comfortable bib. I was able to breathe well and ride for a long time on my bike feeling great
I'm planning on getting another one!