Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
The Y. Snowboard
Yes. decided that the exceptional resort versatility of the Optimistic needed to reach a wider audience with a more budget-friendly price tag, and the result is the Y. The benefits all remain the same—it pairs a mid-wide waist with an aggressive sidecut and Underbite technology to deliver a turning experience like nothing you've ever experienced before—but with a more cost-effective material assembly.
Instead of bumping out the edges along the binding zones like the competition, UnderBite pulls in the edges directly alongside the bindings. This redistributes pressure for powerful edge hold and drive when you're carving at high speeds and negotiating icy chutes. Lively poplar comprises the core for snappy response at a low weight, and a biax wrap ensures easygoing control for play and forgiveness. And since this board is wider than the average board, you can run it a few centimeters shorter than you would normally ride for a more agile feel without sacrificing performance.
- More affordable version of Yes.' Optimistic board
- Directional shape and UnderBite edges let you turn on a dime
- Hybrid rocker profile is stable and poppy without feeling catchy
- Poplar core is strong and poppy at a low weight
- Biax fiberglass makes for easy turn initiation and pop
- Sintered base absorbs tons of wax for constant high-speed riding
- Item #YES004E