Select Style & Size
When there hasn't been fresh snow in weeks, turn lemons into lemonade with the Yes Optimistic Snowboard. This unique shape was designed with carving in mind, no matter what the snow conditions are like. It pairs a mid-wide waist with an aggressive sidecut and Underbite technology to deliver a turning experience like nothing you've ever experienced before. Think intuitive control, serious stability, and unwavering edge hold.
Instead of bumping out the edges along the binding zones like the competition, UnderBite pulls in the edges directly alongside the bindings. This redistributes pressure to your tip and tail contacts for powerful edge hold and drive when you're carving at high speeds and negotiating icy chutes. In addition to a lightweight and lively combo of bamboo and poplar, the Powerdrive 2.0 core also features two carbon-wrapped bamboo stringers that are milled into the core in a pre-bent position, giving you increased power for holding an edge through high-speed carves and exploding out of turns. And since this board is wider than the average board, you can run it a few centimeters shorter than you would normally ride for a more agile feel without sacrificing performance.
- Stiff-flexing, all-mountain board that shines on groomers
- Directional shape and UnderBite edges let you turn on a dime
- Hybrid rocker profile is stable and poppy without feeling catch-y
- Paulownia and poplar core with bamboo stringers is strong and poppy
- Triax fiberglass boosts torsional stiffness for response
- Sintered base absorbs tons of wax for constant high-speed riding
- Item #YES0046
- 151cm, 154cm, 157cm, 161cm
- Modern Camber
- stiff (9 of 10 on Yes.' scale)
- Effective Edge
- [151cm] 1166mm, [154cm] 1188mm, [157cm] 1210mm, [161cm] 1246mm
- Waist Width
- [151cm] 256mm, [154cm] 262mm, [157cm] 266mm, [161cm] 268mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [151cm] 6.25m, [154cm] 6.35m, [157cm] 6.5m, [161cm] 7.2m
- Stance Width
- [151cm] 18.6 - 23.4in, [154cm] 19.6 - 24.4in, [157cm] 20.6 - 25.4in, [161cm] 21.1 - 25.9in
- Stance Setback
- Carbon PowerDrive 2.0
- triax + carbon
- Sintered True
- Base Color
- Recommended Rider Weight
- all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
January 12, 2021
Should you buy a Yes.? No you shouldnt
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 190 lbs
First day and its done. This thing ripped!!!! For five runs then it broke. Apparently it’s glued together with peanut butter and chewed gum. On the 6th run of the first day on this thing I noticed it getting a little catchy or sticky on the toe edge. I flipped it over to find a finger size and shape bubble under the base. Tried to warranty it and predictably after waiting 18 days for a response the Backcountry warranty department said it was my fault. Guilty, I guess I accidentally rode this snowboard when I was riding this snowboard, my bad. Lesson learned, DON’T BUY FROM BACKCOUNTRY if you expect anything resembling responsible customer service. Everybody says this but…I really didn’t hit anything, nothing noticeable, I was actually babying this board on groomers because it was the first day, FIRST DAY!!!! Was seriously having a blast on it and more impressed by this Yes. Optimistic than anything I’ve ridden in a long long time, maybe even ever, and then it pooped the bed. Very disappointed in the quality even more disappointed and angered by the lack us customer support. Shop elsewhere please.
October 9, 2020
October 23, 2019
Kiss the chord and win that race
The slightly wider platform makes this board Suuuper stable..Traditional camber and bamboo rails WRAPPED IN CARBON this thing charges. When you get it in the deep snow the shape takes over. Nose pops up tail drops and skiers start crying.