Select style & size:Select options
HoldUp EVO +2 Add-On
Instead of taking separate vehicles to the trail head, attach the Yakima HoldUp Evo +2 Add-On to your HoldUp Evo 2-inch Hitch Rack and bring three of your friends without worrying about wheel sizes, tire widths, disc brakes, or axle standards. Please note, it's only compatible with the 2-inch version of the HoldUp Evo, as it won't work with the 1.25-inch version intended for smaller vehicles and cars.
This HoldUp Evo +2 Add-On provides versatility for bringing two additional bikes along, making it an excellent choice for large families and avid cyclists bringing friends along. It's compatible with wheel sizes from 20-inch kid bikes to 29er cross-country machines and everything in-between, including common road and fat bikes. StrongArm hooks secure down over your wheel without contacting carbon frames or scratching your favorite bike's paint. It includes Yakima's SKS locking system, which acts as a theft deterrent when you pull off the highway to gas up the truck and take a bathroom break.
- +2 bike carrier for your HoldUp Evo 2in Hitch Rack
- Only compatible with 2 in version of HoldUp Evo Rack
- Carries bikes with 20 to 29 in wheels, tires to 5 in
- StrongArm hooks secure front wheel in place
- Won't contact carbon frames or scratch paint
- SKS locks secure your bikes while making stops
- Item #YAK003U
- Q & A
This add on has worked well for the 1500 miles I’ve put on it so far. This is a very beefy rack, and has been very stable over highway and gravel miles. Three things I didn’t realize and anyone using this should know:
1) once you install this add on, it is permanent. I had expected to be able to switch back and forth between a two and four bike configuration, but it doesn’t work that way.
2) once you install the add on, the rack is pretty dang heavy. It is awkward for me to install, and I’m pretty stout. You’ll want to eat your Wheaties and do some pushups before you buy this thing.
3) Once all the bikes are on, there isn’t any way to tilt the rack down to access you back hatch with out significant help.
Overall, it’s a quality rack and installation wasn’t complicated.
Can you put kids bike on it?
It's compatible with 20-inch wheel kids bikes and up.