5/4mm Drylock X Powerseam TDC Hooded Full Suit
XCEL Hawaii has a reputation for designing sturdy wetsuits to handle the demands of challenging breaks and the 5/4mm Drylock X Powerseam TDC Hooded Full Suit is no exception. It's loaded with features to keep you warm and comfortable through cold winter swells while engineered to fit like a second skin. Although the suit is thoughtfully designed with high performance features, XCEL also places a large focus with the design of the suit on making a smaller environmental impact.
For starters, the ultra-stretch nanoprene construction is limestone-based and is not only more eco-friendly than its petroleum-based neoprene counter parts, but is also lighter, softer, and warmer. Additionally, XCEL equipped the lining of the suit with their Dope Dye Yarn that is soft, doesn't fade, and is also eco-friendly. Finally, XCEL constructs all of their wetsuits to last through multiple wears so you don't have to buy a new suit each season thus creating more waste.
As far as performance features go, XCEL packed the suit with them to keep you not only comfortable in frigid waters, but mobile and flexible as well. For warmth, all new Celliant Black fibers with an enhanced blend of minerals provide heat retention while you wait for the next wave. An XCEL exclusive, donut-shaped Drylock wrists seamlessly keeps more water out while minimizing flushing all while forming a comfortably snug seal. Ankle and neck seals also comfortably minimize flushing so you don't lose all that warmth you've been generating. For mobility and flexibility, the suit is constructed with stitch-free Power seals that rest more comfortably against the skin and also move with the body. Finally, a combination of the ultra-stretchy nanoprene, engineered fit system, updated sleeves, and back of knee flex groves ensure the suit fits like a second skin so you can surf, slash, and tuck into tubes in comfort.
- Performance feature loaded, eco-friendly wetsuit for cold waters
- Limestone-based nanoprene is lighter, softer, warmer than neoprene
- Celliant black fibers retain heat without added unnecessary weight
- Drylock wrists forms a snug, comfortable seal to minimize flushing
- Nexskin ankle seals minimize flushing for warmth in frigid waters
- Stitch-free Power seams deliver more comfort and are very flexible
- Waterproof chest zipper with a magnetic closure locks out water
- Updated sleeves, back of knee flex grooves offer a second-skin fit
- Item #XCL007H