Select style & size:Select options
Vigilante TCS TriTec Tire
The Vigilante TCS TriTec Tire is WTB's premier aggressive trail and enduro tire. Hardpack or loose, wet or dry, this tire delivers traction on any terrain. Now, it's available in 2.5in and 2.6in widths, and WTB optimized the tread pattern for these higher volume casings. It's designed primarily as a front tire, so pair it with a fast-rolling Trail Boss in the rear for a good blend of grip and rolling efficiency, or pair it with a Judge for unwavering grip on steep and loose terrain.
The tread sees increased height and surface area on both the center and side knobs, increasing grip in sloppy terrain and improving traction while braking. The pattern is also more spread out to better shed mud and debris in wet conditions. The siping has been revised as well to improve cornering.
The Vigilante is made of WTB's new TriTec compound with triple-density rubber. The base rubber is hardened to improve rolling speed and prevent squirming under load, with medium durometer rubber on the center lugs for longer wear life, and softer rubber on the side lugs to deliver maximum grip and slow rebound while cornering.
The rubber compound is supported by a single-ply casing on the TCS Light versions to save weight, with a dual-ply casing on the TCS Tough versions that better resists flats. That being said, the TCS Light casing sees the addition of a new nylon Slash Guard on the sidewalls, making it no slouch when it comes to puncture protection.
- Aggressive front tire for trail riding and enduro
- Pair with a Trail Boss for a faster rolling setup
- Pair with a Judge for the best grip on steep or loose terrain
- Revised rubber compound improves performance across the board
- Light casing is single-ply to save weight while remaining durable
- Tough casing is dual-ply for the best puncture protection
- Light casing sees extra sidewall protection to resist flats
- High Grip has softer rubber, Fast Rolling uses long-wearing rubber
- Item #WTB003S
- 29 x 2.5in, 29 x 2.6in
- TCS Light, TCS Tough
- Slash Guard
- Claimed Weight
- [light/high grip 2.5in] 1137g, [light/high grip 2.6in] 1256g, [tough/high grip 2.5in] 1251g, [tough/high grip 2.6in] 1349g, [tough/fast rolling 2.5in] 1242g, [tough/fast rolling 2.6in] 1374g
- Recommended Use
- enduro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 6, 2020
- I've put it through the wringer
I've been lucky over the years to be able to ride a ton of different tires. In the last year I have been on tires from Maxxis, Vittoria, Continental, Schwalbe, and WTB. All of these companies make great tires but I have to admit I usually end up back on Maxxis. After putting a couple holes in my Maxxis DHRII EXO tire I decided it was time to try something fresh. I put this Vigilante on the front of my bike and I couldn't be happier with the performance. Cornering control is as good or better than any other tire I've ridden. The tall ramped lugs roll decently well and offer tons of braking power. So far I haven't found a condition these tires don't excel in. If you're looking for something other than Maxxis I'd recommend you give these a look.