Select style & size:Select options
Trail Boss TCS TriTec Tire
Whether you're flying down fast singletrack littered with loose rocks, or snaking through damp roots and loam, the Trail Boss TCS TriTec Tire is a worthy companion for your trail or enduro bike. It's designed as a fast-rolling rear tire, pairing well with the Vigilante up front, but it can be used as a front tire for hardpack trails. To improve grip in loose and wet conditions, WTB revamped the tire with a more aggressive tread pattern to match the increased volume of the new 2.4in and 2.6in casings.
The Trail Boss uses medium-height center knobs for rolling efficiency on fast trails, while still providing plenty of traction when you hit the brakes. The height of the side knobs is considerably increased so they can dig deeper in loose corners and off camber terrain, with the tread pattern being spaced further out to improve grip in loose and wet conditions.
The tire is made of WTB's new TriTec compound with triple-density rubber. The base rubber is hardened to improve rolling speed and prevent squirming under load, with medium durometer rubber on the center lugs for longer wear life, and softer rubber on the side lugs to deliver maximum grip and slow rebound while cornering.
The rubber compound is supported by a single-ply casing on the TCS Light versions to save weight, with a dual-ply casing on the TCS Tough versions that better resists flats. That being said, the TCS Light casing sees the addition of a new nylon Slash Guard on the sidewalls, making it no slouch when it comes to puncture protection.
- Quick-rolling trail & enduro tire for a wide range of conditions
- Pair with a Vigilante up front for success in dry, loose, & damp
- Designed as a rear tire but works well as a front for hardpack
- Revised rubber compound optimizes grip and rolling speed
- Light casing is single-ply to save weight
- Tough casing is dual-ply for better puncture protection
- Light casing sees extra sidewall protection to resist flats
- Item #WTB003P