Select style & size:Select options
Smooth-rolling with an exploratory edge.
Seeing the proliferation of adventure bikes and endurance rigs on the market, the trend-setting riders at WTB decided to make a line of plus-sized 650b tires that would replace traditional 700c tires for off-road exploration. Fulfilling this exploratory intention, the WTB Byway 650b Plus Tire offers a superb mix of bump compliance and grip when your rides consist of asphalt road approaches, fire road climbs, and jarring gravel grinds.
The 650b x 47-millimeter dimension is the same diameter as a 700c x 30-millimeter road tire, giving you the ability to swap this tire into your endurance or adventure rig, so long as you have an extra set of 650b wheels and clearance for a 47-millimeter tire. Tubeless casing gives you the ability to run lower pressure for a smoother ride that's not as jostling and bumpy on back roads, as well as self-sealing assurance when you're rolling over rocks and thorns that would normally cause a ride-ending flat.
The tread pattern on the Byway 650b Plus is perhaps its most valuable asset for rides that start on pavement, only to see a mixture of gravel, dirt, and light-duty singletrack along the way. The smooth centerline won't slow you down on the road, transitioning to a hatched diamond pattern for plentiful grip when you're grinding along dirt and gravel surfaces. Raised side knobs offer more grip for cornering on dirt, as well as durability for exploring off-road areas where rocks and sharp debris are common.
- Plus-sized 650b tire for dirt and asphalt rides
- Intended for adventure rigs and endurance bikes
- 650b x 47mm has same diameter as 700c x 30mm tire
- Dual Compound DNA rubber for rolling speed and grip
- Tubeless-ready casing improves its bump compliance
- Smooth centerline is fast over paved road surfaces
- Diamond-hatch transition for off-road grip under power
- Side knobs lend cornering traction and durability
- Item #WTB003E
- Q & A
Great, durable, tractiony
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Over 1000 miles on them so far, everything from VT gravel to rocky MTB trails i've been shocked at how stable they are. Great for winter road rides, too. Regularly ride them around 20-25 psi but up to 35-40 when there's more pavement. Excellent if you ride a lot of rough trail, but they're definitely overkill for most gravel- makes climbing veeery slow.
Smooth and Grippy WTB tire
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got this tire for winter riding on my commuter bike.
- The tire fits exactly like I expected
- the center profile rides smooth and fast
- the edge tread is great for gripping in snow and on ice
- None Yet