Select style & size:Select options
Tsunami 140 Kayak
When the surf snarls and the lake whitecaps, slide into the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 140 Kayak, and navigate the chop with security. Since this kayak is smack-dab in the middle of the Tsunami family of yaks, it lets almost every size and level of paddler feel at home. Deliberate design elements imbue this baby with stability and durability, so you'll be cruising harbors and dancing through rock gardens in the Tsunami 140 years from now. The polyethylene hull shape takes it easy on burgeoning boaters and lets soggy river rats push their limits as well. The moderate V-shaped keel line keeps you on the straight and narrow when you plow across placid ponds.
Multiple chines give you a stable platform when you first board the boat. Chines also create walls on your kayak, which makes tipping tough and tracking sublime, not to mention giving the plastic hull an extra shot of durability. Three bulkhead stern, midship, and bow hatches offer you the ability to turn this yak into a cargo boat for a weekend water-based camping trip. Domed rubber hatch covers protect dry bags from an accidental flip as well as limit the amount of water your boat will take on. The Phase 3 AirPro Tour seat gives you a highly adjustable ride and a finely tuned fit. Fore and aft on-deck rigging lets you keep a few things at your fingertips. Say you've stowed your fly rod on deck and you've found the perfect place; secure your stick in the paddle park, grab your rod, and practice casting from a seated position.
- Nimble, stable, and tough touring kayak for all skill levels
- Polyethylene hull is easy to control and durable
- Keel's V-shaped line helps you blast through the chop
- Multiple chines enhance stability and control
- Adjustable Phase 3 AirPro Tour seat lets you navigate in comfort
- On-deck bungee rigging stashes jackets or lunch
- Multiple bulkhead hatches offer tons of storage
- Rudder-ready design allows for easy installation and added control
- Item #WIL004H